Kay and Mark, the database file size is 250Mb. The performance issue that surprised me was the open time. Adds and Queries are as expected.

ID's currently range from 1 to 60400
URL is a typical URL that ranges from 50 to 130 characters, average is 80 char.
tag is currently not being used so empty
local is a mac file path:  of the form /Volumes/EXTERNAL/XXX/xxxxxxxxx.xxx

How would I create and index? When I look at the database with sqlitebrowser, it looks like an auto index was created. Can you give me instructions as to how I should have created the database with an index?

Peter, This is using livecode 7.0.6 on a Mac OSX 10.10.4. My DataBase expertise is very limited. I created the database with sqlitebrowser, then added the data with livecode. I don't know anything about PRAMAs or even how to execute them. If you can provide instructions I will give it a try.

-= Mike