On 07/22/2015 12:39 PM, Peter Haworth wrote:
Well now it's one of the ones that is assigned at startup - it wasn't when
I started this thread.  I'm pretty sure this all has to do with the
engine's resolution of behavior references happening before all stacks are
loaded.

I have all my behaviors in a separate mainstack which is opened in a
preOpenCard handler of the stack whose controls reference the behaviors.
It appears even preOpenCard doesn't happen soon enough to allow the engine
to resolve the behavior references.

Yeah, I'd bet money that's exactly what's happening.
Since the behaviors are in a stack that hasn't been loaded yet, the engine is *helpfully* nulling those out to keep you out of trouble. And all that happens before preOpenCard (and possibly preOpenStack) has a chance to come into play.

--
 Mark Wieder
 ahsoftw...@gmail.com