I am not sure, what my loop will be doing, while I opened modal the answer window? Will the loop wait for the user answer in the modal window in both above cases, or is the modal window completely independent from the loop and the loop runs on? How can I hold my loop waiting for the user action in the
modal window?

When you 'modal' a stack, the modal command will block the current script until the dialog closes. (e.g. You have an OK / Cancel button which do 'close this stack').

Note that messages *are* dispatched whilst this blocking occurs - otherwise events wouldn't get processed so you wouldn't have any user interaction.

--
Mark Waddingham ~ m...@livecode.com ~ http://www.livecode.com/
LiveCode: Everyone can create apps