On 2015-08-19 21:26, Brahmanathaswami wrote:
STACKLE: Really Simple Revision Contro (RSRC) l for LC Livecode (and
perhaps any other document type)

"Pass the Baton/Stack"

Well the day has come. I'm going to build it. I needed this two months ago.

If you are interested, please reply off list. I will create a Google
doc and invite anyone who responds in the next 72 hours... We take
this discussion off line (Please don't ask me to renegotiate this
decision) among those who are interested... hammer out the spec for V1
in a week or less and I will get it built)

Once we have a functional tool we will give it to the community, free
of charge...

[snip]

Subversion does everything you've described already, better (including the file locking aspects). And it has an HTTPS interface, so you could write a client in LiveCode that uses libUrl to communicate with a Subversion server.

                                  Peter

--
Dr Peter Brett <peter.br...@livecode.com>