On 1 Sep 2015, at 15:14, Rolf Kocherhans <rolf.kocherh...@id.uzh.ch> wrote:

> Does “get URL“ work from everywhere or only on a Server when I am
> hosting the LCWebApp ?
>
>> Am 31.08.2015 um 18:55 schrieb use-livecode-requ...@lists.runrev.com:
>>
>> - no networking except ?get url?
>
> I am asking this because I could not get it to work form my Desktop OS
> using it without a WebServer.

Some browsers (Chrome in particular, but all of them to some degree) have
restrictive policies in place that prevent JavaScript (like the LiveCode
engine) from accessing the local file system. There’s no way to work around
this - it is a security feature to stop web apps from stealing your data. The
HTML5 deployment guide has a section on how to use Python to run a local web
server.

Fraser