On 09/09/2015 11:25 PM, Roger Eller wrote:
On Wed, Sep 9, 2015 at 4:02 PM, Stephen MacLean <smacl...@madmansoft.com>
wrote:

I mention this most every time after an Apple event, but it’s becoming
more and more relevant each time… LiveCode support?

How ready is LC for iOS9? It’s coming in a week. iOS 8 broke a lot of my
stuff, would have been nice to be able to test ahead of time.

AppleTV OS. New, based on iOS. Will there be support for it?

WatchOS 2. Now supports native apps. Will LC now support it? LCB only
style app?

This isn’t an Apple Vs. Android argument, everyone has their own opinions
and stats. It’s about new, relevant products and bringing your apps to
those products.

LiveCode’s write once - deploy anywhere model makes it desirable. Knowing
about support for these products makes decisions actionable.

Best,

Steve MacLean

Since you mention these things while the event is still warm, I'll throw in
my wishes for more mobile OS parity.

Windows 8.1 tablets/phones … LiveCode support?
Android 5.1 … LiveCode support?
Android Wear … LiveCode support?
Android Wear 2 … LiveCode support?
Build as an Android Widget … LiveCode support?
Android Auto … LiveCode support?

This isn’t an Apple Vs. Android argument...
No it's not.  But we need to be able to build for the sub-technologies of
Android in addition to just phones.

And it isn't a two-handed argument either; I started wondering about the Ubuntu hand-held devices . . .

http://www.ubuntu.com/phone

LiveCode’s write once - deploy anywhere model makes it desirable.

This has, almost always, been slightly inaccurate, and stacks sometimes need tweaking
to function and/or look appropriate on different platforms.

Knowing about support for these products makes decisions actionable.
Agreed.

~Roger