On 09/20/2015 12:37 PM, Malte Brill wrote:
Hi friends. I am seriously puzzled. I got a menubar with a Help button. To
localize this and make it appear as „Hilfe“ on german systems I am setting the
label of that button. What now puzzles me is that the menu behaves differently
according to the label of that button (not the name, which I could somewhat
understand). If the label is „Help“ then I am getting the Os X Yosemite help
with the search box on top. If however the label of that button changes to
something else, it acts like not being one of the special menus, no search box
on top…

What gives???

How am I supposed to correctly localize then? I looked at the German.lproj
folder, but there are only a few strings in there, not Help….

Can someone enlighten me here?

All the best,

Malte

No: I cannot enlighten you.

If your OS X install is an English language one then, whether your LiveCode standalone has a "Hilfe", "Helpen", "Au Secours" won't make a blind bit of difference as I don't think the underlying OS will recognise that as "Help" and connect up the menu in your
standalone with the "Help" menu inwith the OS.

I would suggest . . . just as a wild thought . . . you try your stack/standaline on a Mac with a German language install.

Richmond.