On 2015-10-06 04:11, Monte Goulding wrote:
On 6 Oct 2015, at 1:05 pm, Roger Eller <roger.e.el...@sealedair.com> wrote:

Is that why LC8 takes longer to open?

Could be, I think most of it is because of the docs.

This is the most likely explanation - the docs are merged together on startup (so that they can be added to by third-parties easily).

@livecodeali If this is slowing the load of the load of IDE a lot then
one thing you could do is switch script only stacks to binary stacks
during your release builds. At that point there’s no longer any
benefit to them to being in a mergable file format.

Script only stacks have no effect on load time - they are just a script which is set as the stack script of a stack when loaded.

I also doubt that (given the small number of controls involved) the creation of UI elements on-the-fly is having any measurable effect.

Warmest Regards,

Mark.

--
Mark Waddingham ~ m...@livecode.com ~ http://www.livecode.com/