On 07/10/15 10:44, Peter TB Brett wrote:
On 2015-10-07 08:37, Richmond wrote:
On 07/10/15 02:45, Peter Haworth wrote:
Thanks. I believe the plugin problem was discovered in LC8 dp5 so sounds
like will be OK in dp6.

Back to the Future: we currently have a DP7 build:

"We’ll aim to continuously build LiveCode 8.0.0-dp-7 candidates, and
make them available for you to download. No need to wait and wait for
your bug to be fixed – just make sure that you’re always working from
the latest version"

Usual exaggeration: exactly 2 builds: http://downloads.livecode.com/global-jam/

Believe me, we were continuously building. Or builds 2-3 hours to complete. We made about 7 builds; 5 of them had serious bugs in them, and we decided that it wouldn't be a good idea to make them public.

Aha. That's interesting.

The live builds were actually very useful during the Global Jam. We were able to confirm with people who'd reported bugs that our fixes actually worked for them. Totally worthwhile, in my opinion. It also reinforced that we do need to increase the level of automation in our testing and releasing process.

Even 6 months ago, it was taking us *2 days* to do a single build and release. We've come a long way since then, wouldn't you agree?

We're just kicking of the final 8.0.0-dp-7 release build, and if it passes our full QA tests we'll be releasing it today.

                                Peter

Should be good to see it and see what has changed.

R.