On 10/08/2015 02:14 AM, Ali Lloyd wrote:

2) The new inspector is *really* flexible for the classic objects. Have a
look at this fix for bug 16118 (no way to change a scrollbar's tooltip in
the property inspector):
https://github.com/livecode/livecode-ide/pull/562/files

Well, OK, I do have to thank you for fixing that, but I guess I really expected it to be fixed in the existing property editor, not so much in the experimental one. I guess filing the bug report against dp6 was a mistake, but that's the latest I still saw the problem in.

We'd like to make it as good and useful as possible. If the worst you can
say is you can't see any advantages, then I think the non-obvious ones
above make it well worth it ;-) Otherwise it would be great to hear
constructive criticism and suggestions for improvement.

Well, I've been thinking of the the new IDE framework as just being that and allowing for plugin replacement of the various components. It seems from the App Browser / Project Browser and Property Inspector arguments that I've been expecting too much, and we really can't have alternatives.

--
 Mark Wieder
 ahsoftw...@gmail.com