Hey Bill,
When you go to the app stack you can use the form "go stack stTarget in window (the short name of this stack)" If the size of the stacks are the same it looks pretty seamless.

Marty
Folks:
I haver a splash stack and I’m trying to open the app stack in the same rect,
without a flash. This should be easy, but I can’t get it to work with what is
obvious to me. Here’s my script.

on mouseUp
    put the name of this stack into splashStackName
    put the filename of this stack into fName
    set the itemdelimiter to "/"
    delete the last item of fName
    put fName&"/Earth Explorer.livecode" into stTarget
    set the destroyStack of splashStackName to TRUE
    set the lockscreen to true
    go invisible cd 1 of stack stTarget
    set the rect of stack"Earth Explorer" to the rect of stack splashStackName
    wait for 0 seconds with messages
    set the visible of stack stTarget to TRUE
    close stack splashStackName
    send "initCard" to cd "Opening" of stack "Earth Explorer"
    set the lockscreen to false
  end mouseUp

What am i doing wrong?
Bill