Richmond wrote:
> On 21/10/15 19:03, Bob Sneidar wrote:
>> This is rather like a person who drives a propane vehicle getting
>> upset because there aren't just as many propane refilling stations
>> as there are gas stations. Sorry Richmond. Software vendors are
>> not trying to be fair. They are trying to feed their families,
>> and no one accepts good feelings as currency.
>
> Well, except in education.
>
> Also, there are plenty of developers developing on Linux for other
> operating systems, and that skews things a bit.

Any vendor is free to leave money on the table if they like.

And with security products like password managers, better to have a vendor that sticks to the platforms they know rather than try to cover platforms they don't understand and do it poorly.

Their loss is someone else's gain: many of my friends in my local Linux user group use password managers, so there are plenty of options beyond the limited Dashlane - here are three that include Linux among their supported platforms:

Authentic8 Silo
<https://www.authentic8.com/>

LastPass
<https://lastpass.com/>

Keeper
<https://keepersecurity.com/>

It's a lot like Mac software, more so in the '90s but even today with some vertical business apps: it may not always be easy to find the software you need, but when you do find vendors who support the platform you enjoy spread the word, reward their good service.

We got Netflix on board. For any other vendor it's just a matter of time, for either them or their competitors, as they choose.

For finding nearly any type of app for any platform, see:
<http://alternativeto.net/>

--
 Richard Gaskin
 Fourth World Systems