On 26/10/2015 18:08, Richmond wrote:

2. American English IS the dominant form of English in the world right now (and probably for the forseeable future).

Hmmmm ... true for now, but I wouldn't be surprised if Indian English overtook it over the next 2 to 3 decades.

Already the present continuous is becoming common (almost prevalent) where we traditionalists would have used the simple present - at least, I am thinking it is - and that was largely an influence from the Indian sub-continent.

-- Alex.