I have a small number of mp3 clips that I want to embed in my app and play on demand.

I think that I have three choices, but I may be wrong:
        - audioClip
        - mobilePlaySoundOnChannel
        - a player object

Are any of these an out-of-the-box bad idea? Is one of them a clear leader? Or what are the pros and cons?

I'm interested in the pros and cons in general; but in this specific case it may be relevant to note:
        - I don't need to give the user a controller (but don't object to it)
        - I do need to be able to programmatically stop the sound
        - I would like to be able to programatically adjust the volume

Thanks in advance for all wisdom shared!

Ben