On 2015-10-29 02:04, Richard Gaskin wrote:
And you may have noticed the great job Peter Brett has been doing here
and elsewhere as the main community support leader within the company.
He's one of their newer hires, having been brought on board just a
little over a year ago, but he was hired not only for his Linux
expertise but also his deep understanding of and passion for open
source process.

Just to correct you here as your statement is actually a huge disservice to Peter and the skills and knowledge he has.

He was brought on board because he showed a huge interest, ability, and depth of knowledge in aspects of software engineering for all the critical areas LiveCode covers and the necessary infrastructure it requires. Including but by no means limited to: programming language design and implementation, GUI toolkit architecture, build system engineering, continuous integration and test system construction, rigorous engineering process implementation, open source software communication and community engagement.

I must confess I never take much stock in CVs in terms of choosing people for software engineering roles. A lot tend to be just lists of things which people *think* they know - I rarely find them to be in any way indicative of the knowledge people actually have. I always go by the technical questions they ask and whether they understand my answers - Peter passed this test with flying colours :)

Warmest Regards,

Mark.

--
Mark Waddingham ~ m...@livecode.com ~ http://www.livecode.com/