I haven't read everything in this thread, so I don't know if Peter's function handled this or not ...

On 11/12/2015 23:32, Geoff Canyon wrote:
On Thu, Dec 10, 2015 at 12:47 PM, Peter Brigham <pmb...@gmail.com> wrote:

Someone on this list at some point posted an array sorting function that
might be relevant here for some applications. See below.

​Why would anyone make a separate handler ​for this, and even more so, why
make it a function that takes a value by reference and then hands a value
back rather than a handler that changes the value in place?

But back to the first point, this function can be eliminated in three lines
of code:

combine someArray using cr
sort lines of someArray -- however you like
split someArray by cr

Ummm ...
   put "abc" & CR & "def" into somearray[1]
   put "ghj" into somearray[2]
and then try the above 3-line code snippet.

-- Alex.