I think it was Scott Rossi that figured out a way to play an animation by
storing images as text in custom properties, then load each image in turn into
an image object.

I would imagine this may be limited to smaller less complex animations, but up
until now I hadn’t tried it myself, so I had a go…

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ebltjtztsj1ymlc/CP%20Animation.livecode?dl=0

Haven’t tested on mobile though, my LC & Xcode versions are out of sync again.

Paul