On 02/24/2016 10:50 AM, Mark Talluto wrote:

On Feb 23, 2016, at 2:16 PM, Jim Byrnes <jf_byr...@comcast.net>
wrote:

I am running the Community Edition vers 7.1.1 Build 10048 on Ubuntu
14.04.

I am just getting started with Livecode and was laying out the gui
for my first little project.  I'm not sure what I did but the
cursor changed to the hand pointer and now I can no longer work
with any of my controls. Most of the menu items are greyed out but
I could select quit. When I did that I was allowed to save my work,
but when I opened it back up I still could not get rid of the hand
pointer. Clicking on the run tool or edit tool does nothing.

Do any of you experienced people have any idea what I could have
done to cause this and how I can get back to normal operations?

Hi Jim,

First of all, welcome to Livecode. My response may not be very
useful, but I will give it a go. I do not do much work in Linux that
requires me to use the UI. But, I would check that you are not
setting the pointer yourself with ‘choose’ command: e.g. 'choose
browse tool’ or ‘choose pointer tool’.

Also, check for ‘set the cursor to watch’ or some other shape. This
would be wrapped with a ‘lock cursor’ and ‘unlock cursor’.

If you are not using any of these commands, it is probably a bug in
the IDE not handling these commands internally.  The IDE itself is
written in Livecode.

Mark,

At the point the problem occurred I hadn't written a line of code. I had dropped a label control on the card and expanded it's size. Then I dropped 2 radio buttons inside the boundaries of the of the label. I was renaming them and changing the label text when the problem occurred.

Should this turn out to be a bug, please feel free to write a bug
report to Livecode:  http://quality.livecode.com
<http://quality.livecode.com/> It will require you to make an
account, but it is pretty easy.

I will wait a little longer, wouldn't want to waste their time if it was my mistake.

Hopefully, some regular user of Livecode on Linux will chime in with
more experience.

Best regards,

Mark Talluto livecloud.io <http://www.livecloud.io/>
canelasoftware.com <http://www.canelasoftware.com/>