We looking at very simple button design:

1)  Border color is on/white/2px
2)  background is set to clear (no color assignment and no icon)
3)  background opacity set to 50% # if we can figure out how....
4)  Button name/label white

Now... I realize that if # 2 above is true, then possibly, since there are no
pixels at all in the background that the algorithm might not be possible from a
video card point of view... so we *could* set the background to white and set
the opacity to a grayscale?transparency value of say... 50%  but the idea is
that the text of the button name/label remains fully, 100% opaque, even thought
background has an alpha channel value (some level of transparency)

>From my fiddling... (I could be missing something) this is not possible either
>with buttons of fields  or graphics.

The use case is, again, as discussed in another thread: we want visibility of
the text on top of *any* image to be visible. We do this in print all the
time... but we cannot separate the blending of the text label or text itself
and the background of a button/field in LC... at least I have not found a way.

On March 1, 2016 at 9:15:36 AM, RM