On 11/03/2016 19:53, Sannyasin Brahmanathaswami wrote:
@ Other BR :-)


  However, we found interesting variations in
what could be ready by which applications. I

ExifTool looks good, very doable to drive from LC scripts.

Yes, I think at the time it was the go-to choice. I wish I could remember what the problem was: I think it was probably that we found that the tags it wrote were readable by some applications we tested, but not others.

In regards to your other question, we ended up writing some of the data to multiple fields - e.g. "byline" and "caption writer" set to the same text, "credit line" and "source" to the same text - again because we found that some apps displayed some fields, other apps displayed a different selection.

If your requirement is for in-house processing with a known toolchain, neither of these issues may be relevant.

best

OBR...

_______________________________________________
use-livecode mailing list
[email protected]
Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your subscription 
preferences:
http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-livecode

Reply via email to