On 2016-03-19 19:50, RM wrote:

Please have a look at this, think about it, and
if you think it is a good idea say so: loudly, so the LiveCode
people take it seriously.

As I understand the current design concept for the LiveCode 8 IDE, the decision not to have a separate Widgets palette was taken quite deliberately, on the basis that there are already altogether too many palettes.

Instead, I believe the tools palette is planned to evolve to allow users to configure what items are shown and how they are arranged. I think someone at some point mentioned the idea of having collapsible sections.

                                        Peter

--
Dr Peter Brett <peter.br...@livecode.com>
LiveCode Open Source Team