Well, for what it's worth: here's a start:

http://forums.livecode.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=26933&p=140562#p140562

Love, Richmond.

On 3.04.2016 00:02, Sannyasin Brahmanathaswami wrote:
RM: Your "why bother"  assumes a) we work in teams of one in solitude or something like
that. OR b) you have experienced talented "workers" in image process.

In a distributed work environment,  the options to pre-process images prior to
getting them into LiveCode is often zero. So...when the only resources you have
are square, ordinary images, having such a library in Livecode can be hugely
helpful... add to that, the use case may be multiple images over many cards (
or set for whatever purpose), making an LC library/process that can loop, way,
way more efficient than doing these in GIMP of Photoshop, unless you want to go
through the headached of setting up and recording actions etc.

I have in house app functions where, sure, we could do the same thing in
another X, Y, Z application, but certainly not with the same efficiency and
certainly not by someone with zero skill set in applications X,Y,Z.

I have volunteers to work on sets of 3000 + images with Livecode where the idea of
"why bother, you can do this in GIMP/Photoshop"  verges on madness (smile).

On April 2, 2016 at 5:44:11 AM, Alejandro Tejada