Lagi Pittas wrote:

> I have just paid my pledge and I was cheesed off that  20% of
> my DONATION/PLEDGE has gone to the government.
>
> If doing feature exchange is to save Kickstarter fees it certainly
> doen't do that.

It doesn't seem much different from how it works in the States - from the Kickstarter tax guide:

   In general, in the US, funds raised on Kickstarter are considered
   income.
   Sales tax may also be applicable in certain cases depending on the
   local rules. In general, sales tax applies only if the creator has
   sufficient connection to the location of the backer.

<https://www.kickstarter.com/help/taxes>

--
 Richard Gaskin
 Fourth World Systems