I have played with it a couple of times over the years. If you can find a copy
of Revolution 2.3.. ish you might find something interesting in the standalone
builder script as I had to extract all the bitmaps and rebuild the file in the
order the engine needed. Thankfully Mark Waddingham sorted out the need for
that a few years later.