"What version of LC are you using for this?"

I was using 7.1.4.

I prepared the document to import in AbiWord ("Shabby Word"),
and a second time in LibreOffice 5.

Having said that: my last Stable release of my Devawriter Pro was authored with 4.5
and it imported RTF files that "Behaved themselves" completely.

Richmond.