Matt Maier wrote:

> I was reading about "crash only" programming a while ago. It like
> using the "turn it off and back on again"approach as a part of normal
> business. Since all of your systems need to be able to recover from a
> crash anyway, why bother programming a graceful shutdown? Just set
> them up so that they can pick up where they left off and crash them
> if anything isn't running perfectly.

http://lists.runrev.com/pipermail/use-livecode/2016-July/228647.html

:)

I like the simplicity of crash-only. But I currently enjoy a below-industry-average support cost; I can't imagine how big of a multiple of that average my support costs would be if I rebooted the user's machine instead of providing a more graceful degradation.

Still, tempting....

--
 Richard Gaskin
 Fourth World Systems