>> Livecode’s find command in LC8 is really, REALLY slow when you're doing
>> multiple (thousands) of finds.

>> use-livecode mailing list

I am doing a find char, finding a single character, and putting a space before
or after it. It’s a continuous script to find possibly 3 to 4 thousand
occurrences of about 6 different characters (that is total finds), looking for
upper ASCII diacriticals.

In LC 6.1.3 this took under a minute. In LC 8 it takes 69 minutes.

I’m doing this because the find word command misses words that are preceded or
followed by one of these characters. So I’m putting space around them, then
removing the space after the finding is done.

This is part of a process to automatically link specified words to a glossary.

Peter