Hi Nicolas,

Finally something I can answer!

I have found that you need to use 'open file' because that let's you specify the file's encoding.

Assume the path to your file is in tFile, these lines should work:

      open file tFile for utf8  read
      read from file tFile until end
      put it into fld "indices"
      close file tFile

If there is a more elegant way, I'm sure the pros will chime in!

Tim Selander
Tokyo, Japan