Alan wrote:

> Using LC 8.1, if I get the stack properties for a sub-stack, I can no
> longer set the substacks mainStack property to be itself - i.e.
> making it an independent stack. This used to be possible in previous
> versions.
>
> Is this a bug or is there another method of doing it these days?

Everything in the IDE is scripted, so anything you've seen the IDE do is something you can also do.

If you clone a substack it'll create a new copy with no filename attached to it. You can then delete the original, rename the clone, and use File->Save, which will prompt you to set a file name for it.

You may also be able to use the mainstack stack property for that.

--
 Richard Gaskin
 Fourth World Systems