> On 9 Nov. 2016, at 11:31 am, James Hale <ja...@thehales.id.au> wrote:
>
> Can someone explain why making a handler private speeds up a script?

Private handlers are called directly rather than giving all the frontscripts a
chance to handle them.

> Should I be making more of my handlers private?

If you only ever need or want to call a handler from the same script then make
it private.

One thing to watch out for though is at the moment the pending messages queue
does not have a sender reference which means that you can’t send in time
private handlers or use private handlers for socket callbacks (which are sent
via pending messages).

Cheers

Monte