> On 20 Nov. 2016, at 1:13 am, Alex Tweedly <a...@tweedly.net> wrote:
>
> Wow ! Terrific. Like I said, I would have been happy to pay for extra
> compnents, so to hear that they will be included, and in the Community
> version, is better than I would have hoped for

I should clarify that at the moment there hasn’t been any discussion of making
the LiveCode for FM pre-canned custom components generally available to the
rest of the community although the PDF selection dialog is the new XPDF demo
stack. While I only see benefits in doing so I’m not the one that makes these
decisions ;-) It will probably also take us a while to figure out a good plan
for providing examples in the IDE that magically turn into custom components
when we build LiveCode for FM. There’s also some decisions to be made about
which edition things go into.

They are intended to be both examples and by the end of the beta period (if not
yet already) solid features to add to a FileMaker solution. The idea being that
there will likely be a percentage of people buying LiveCode for FM that just
want to use the default set of components.

As examples they are just as good for regular LiveCode as they are for LiveCode
for FM. The main difference with FileMaker being the way data is passed back
and forth. Obviously if we can get the wider community adding extra APIs  to
the google drive library (it currently only has upload file and export as PDF
along with the file/folder picker) or wrapping new web services leveraging the
oauth2 library then that’s a win for everyone.

Cheers

Monte