Frankly, as long as your backups are not degraded the odd spot of degradation in your English
is probably less worrying.

I am planning . . . to remove the hard drives from my Linux box and stick them in external boxes and have Disk Drill look at thenm from my Mac OS 10.7.5 machine: I would be grateful if anyone has any experience with this if they could give me some feedback.

I intend to examine the disks with the Free version, and if it finds something pay for the forensic version.

http://www.cleverfiles.com/

Richmond.