On 1/2/17 4:44 PM, Richard Gaskin wrote:
hh wrote:

There is a "contains"-repeat and a "is in"-repeat.
If I use one as first and the other as second repeat loop I get that
the one that is called first is a little bit faster ...

Isn't it that deep in the stomach of LC both use the same
offset(substring, string) routine?

I would imagine so.

If not, perhaps they should.  I can't think of a case where they would
need to produce different results.

They come out the same for me, but I vaguely remember someone said they perform differently. Maybe I'm thinking of something else.