On 1/27/17 12:38 AM, Sannyasin Brahmanathaswami via use-livecode wrote:
Do we have control over the layer of the native device top status
status bar?

is it always on topmost layer?  if so then we have to dynamically
hide and show it if we want to occupy the whole screen

It is part of the OS and so overlays the stack. You can hide or show it, but it isn't otherwise under LC control. Think of it like the MacOS dock, menubar, or any other system element.