> Am 28.02.2017 um 16:36 schrieb Bob Sneidar via use-livecode
> <use-livecode@lists.runrev.com <mailto:use-livecode@lists.runrev.com>>:
>
> Is the need because the files already exist, or is it because you cannot
> control the source of the files? If possible, the files should probably be
> renamed on the other end to make them "compatible" with all file systems. If
> not, then maybe urlEncode/urlDecode or the ISO functions may work for you.

Thanks Bob. That´s what i am doing right now.

As i cannot guarantee that my customer won´t use such filenames, i will
implement a function that removes and replaces all characters that are
non-ascii.

Although, i am wondering how ftp clients like transmit are able to handle such
non-ascii characters. Anyway.

Regards,

Matthias

> Bob S
>

>> On Feb 28, 2017, at 24:23 , Matthias Rebbe via use-livecode
>> <use-livecode@lists.runrev.com <mailto:use-livecode@lists.runrev.com>> wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> i need to upload files with non-ascii characters in the filename and this
>> has to work on Win and Mac OS X.
>>
>> <snip>
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> Matthias