Thanks Jacque - but I’m not convinced that’s it - I set that (for android) plus
Internet, Remote Debugger - and have tried various combinations of including
and not including tsNet - and have rebooted by mac and router … but I don’t
think I tried making wifi required for iOS, will try that in the morning

One thing I am suspicious of however is gRevDevelopment - when I look at my
menu sections in the IDE I can see it’s set, but when I check in the message
box it show false - if I set it to true (via the message box or in code) then I
can get the message box to report it as true, and it shows in the menus as true
- but if I then save and quit and relaunch LiveCode it again shows true in the
menus but reports as false via the message box! So I guess it’s likely that
each time I build for iOS/Android its going out with gRevDevelopment set to
false

And what is extra weird is that this behaviour of the gRevDevelopment not
having much/any relationship to the settings in the IDE’s menus is the same in
earlier version of LC 8, 7 and even 6

I obviously don’t understand what gRevDevelopment does!