1. The algorithm I implemented is for "fuzzy search" of written/typed words,
not for "similar sounding words" (soundex), mostly quite different. My demo
is scripted for looking up a (mistyped) search string in the 3233 keywords
of LCScript.

2. That's for me the true value of LiveCode:
Don't talk about possible development -- just do it. Then you have in a few
hours a solution which is working on Mac/Win/Linux, using LC 6/7/8/9, and
often fast enough even for RaspberryPi 2/3. Independent of current OS flavours.

If that solution is not good enough or not fast enough for you then you can
write C or java extensions. We have already a Java FFI available in LC 9-dp6!
I'm really looking forward to your solution.

In the meantime you can use my approach, it was updated today. I removed a
small bug in the percentage search, which wasn't sloppy enough ;-)