Hi Tiemo,

On 2017-03-21 17:40, Tiemo Hollmann TB via use-livecode wrote:
Testing on Win 10, IDE: up to LC 6.7 special chars, as German Umlaute gave
the same key in rawKeyUp and rawKeyDown, e.g.

ä = 39, ü = 59, ö = 96, ß = 91

in LC 8 and 9 the rawKeyUp are still the same, but in rawKeyDown I now get:

ä = 228, ü = 252, ö = 246, ß = 223

Is there any plausible explanation or reason why this had to be changed, or
is this a bug?

This looks like a bug to me - the key codes in rawKeyDown and rawKeyUp should match
and be the code of the key, not the translated character.

Out of interest, what are you using the rawKey messages for?

Warmest Regards,

Mark.

--
Mark Waddingham ~ m...@livecode.com ~ http://www.livecode.com/