Bob Sneidar wrote:

> Yeah I was thinking the same thing. textChanged triggers a handler
> that reformats the text every time. In essence, you are doing what
> a word processor would do.

The textChanged message is only sent when changes are made to the text of a field. Changes to styling attributes may also affect line heights and wrapping (e,g, bold will increase text width, textSize will enlarge it overall), and those changes are beyond the scope of triggers for the textChanged message.

That said, I don't believe there are any messages for style changes, so I agree a frontScript here trapping multiple message should not be needed/useful.

AFAIK the only way to account for styling changes is either in the scripts for the UI elements that enact them (which is what I'm using now) or polling (which I generally try to avoid unless I have no other way to solve a problem).

--
 Richard Gaskin
 Fourth World Systems