Just a general agreement here, I also have some issues with the new design for selections. The circular handles look strange to me but it's an adjustment I can deal with. The dotted outline bothers me more because it is harder to see the edges of the object, though I suspect it was implemented to match the Project Browser.

The main problem I have with it though is that I can't easily apply and observe effects applied to the edges of objects. To see a small shadow, for example, I have to de-select the object first. Then if it doesn't look right, I have to re-select the object and also re-select both the effects pane and the shadow dialog in the inspector, because the inspector resets when nothing is selected. That makes adjustments a painful process that has to be repeated many times before I get what I'm aiming for. That, for me, is the main irritation.