On 4/5/17 2:07 PM, Mark Waddingham via use-livecode wrote:
I should say the bit of engine code which does parsing and
application of the numberformat has been left untouched in terms of
what it does for as long as I can remember... It is one of those
places where a subtle change could break apps quite easily as it is
somewhat hard to see precisely what it should and should not do!

HyperCard distinguished between "#" and "0" and produced different results. It sounds like LC doesn't?