I don't think it's a matter of programming standards. The methods used to
exploit systems are almost always something you could never have guessed. Flaws
in code can be extremeny difficult to see, as was the case in the SSL
Heartbleed bug. None of the devs saw the bug when it was approved for merging.
Seeing what it was and what it ought to have been would be like seeing a needle
in a haystack. I have thought for some time that it is the nature of digital
information and our human minds incapacity to comprehend it in its real form
that makes it nearly impossible to produce "unhackable" code.

Bob S