You will never get this completely right. I go on customer networks all the
live long day, and there are places where IT people seem more interested in
preventing communication than enabling it. Also, as mentioned, some
anti-malware software is horrible. One particular one was preventing a user
from printing to a brand new copier from his Windows 10 desktop. I was pulling
my hair out trying to figure it out, then I said, "Just for kicks and grins,
let's disable your AV software." Worked a peach.

Bob S