On 2017-06-26 22:29, J. Landman Gay via use-livecode wrote:
On 6/26/17 3:14 PM, Richmond Mathewson via use-livecode wrote:

On 6/26/17 11:07 pm, J. Landman Gay via use-livecode wrote:
Just please don't remove the ones we've got. I haven't typed out "background" or "card" in 30 years. My brain would short out.

I wonder if it is about time in this discussion to differentiate between *abbreviations* and *synonyms*?

I think from the engine's perspective they're the same.

Yes - which is part of the problem.

They are actually a 'different thing' abstractly. It is just that they were implemented using the same mechanism because (at first glance at least) that mechanism 'does the same thing' when one does not consider what is *actually* going on.

Warmest Regards,

Mark.

--
Mark Waddingham ~ m...@livecode.com ~ http://www.livecode.com/