On 07/06/2017 05:31 PM, William Prothero via use-livecode wrote:
Folks:
Thanks to help from Hermann, I am sharing a demo stack that accesses the Google
Static Maps API to display maps. This API allows me to display a terrain map,
and determine the lat/lon values of any point on the map, I will take a
snapshot of the map image and draw symbols on it that will represent
geophysical data.

You can download the demo at:
http://earthlearningsolutions.org/google-static-maps-demo/
<http://earthlearningsolutions.org/google-static-maps-demo/>

Well... erm... not quite sure what I've got going on here.

I picked up an api key from Google, but I couldn't paste it into the text field. And I couldn't enter more than one character manually. I finally brought up the property editor a couple of times until I could get rid of the single character and then type the api key into the field one character at a time. That seemed to work.

Went out of edit mode and tried to click on the map. That triggered a script error, so I figured it needed to do some setup stuff (loading libraries, etc) with the api key in place. I saved the stack and quit and reloaded the IDE. I launched the stack again and clicked the 'load map' button. That triggered a series of errors to the point where I finally had to disable messages and shut it all down.

Obviously I'm missing out on something, but I'm not sure what.
But it looks like a promising app.

--
 Mark Wieder
 ahsoftw...@gmail.com