On 2017-07-18 19:08, Richmond Mathewson via use-livecode wrote:
This should be fun, and in the light of "taking community feedback
into consideration" we should all 'jump on'
anything we don't like with alternative (constructive) suggestions as
soon as possible.

Alternative *concrete* suggestions are *always* helpful. (Just saying - 'I don't like it' or variants there-of somewhat less so ;)).

After all, it is hard to find the 'best' way when there is only one *effective* option on the table.

Of course, the ideal situation is that we always find a way for everybody to have their cake *and* eat it :)

At present, this does seem largely possible by 'adding a preference'...

Why do I get the feeling we might be having to do a vigorous 'moomin'* on how prefs are handled in the IDE at some point soon...

Warmest Regards,

* For those that haven't encountered this before - we aren't allowed to use R*F*CT*R, as it brings Kevin out in hives... Thus we use 'moomin' (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moomin) instead as they are entirely inoffensive characters (on the whole, at least).

--
Mark Waddingham ~ m...@livecode.com ~ http://www.livecode.com/
LiveCode: Everyone can create apps