On 7/19/17 11:55 am, Mark Waddingham via use-livecode wrote:
On 2017-07-19 08:56, Richmond Mathewson via use-livecode wrote:
Even that is a "load of old Bollo"; I'm sure that a lot of people
trying out LiveCode for the first time
are going to go "gae quair" when they see their desktop vanish.

Possibly - but until you test such a thing, a statement either way is just conjecture... Hence why we are testing it!

Admittedly, this was perhaps a slightly riskier test then something like the handler menu; although had it actually *only* affected people who were still in 'first run' mode... No-one on this list would have probably noticed, thus it would not have occasioned any comment.

Lumpy custard!

Other people who have commented on this are all "on this list"; otherwise they would have been unable to comment.

I noticed the backdrop because "there it was" when, having installed 8.1.6 RC 2, I started it up (Mac OS).

I have just installed that on Linux (64-bit) and got the backdrop at startup as well.

I did say a "few rude words", but did not bother to comment on it until others raised the issue as it
did not fuss me unduly . . .

There will be an RC-3 which fixes that problem at least - whether or not the auto-backdrop will be kept (in first run mode) will be largely down to what the analysis of results of the testing say.

What kind of 'analysis' would that constitute?

Richmond.

Warmest Regards,

Mark.