I figured it out, putting in the answer for future use.

We have to modify the inno script for including the externals folder. After
using the wizard, we need to add "\Externals" after "{app}" in the line that
tells it to include the externals folder. Otherwise, it will add the externals
folder contents directly into the same folder as the app.

Sent from my iPhone