Please enter a bug report about this, it's a different issue than the one I wrote up.

On August 13, 2017 1:07:12 PM Dan Friedman via use-livecode <use-livecode@lists.runrev.com> wrote:

I took Ralph’s advice and made a 0 line stack to try to recreate the issue. To my astonishment, the app didn’t have the same problem! So, I went back to my project and started to trace what I have in my app that might be causing the problem. After a while, I discovered that if I do not enable acceleratedRendering, the app does not bail on suspend and stays in memory. Problem solved! Except that I can’t leave acceleratedRendering off. All the scrollers stutter horribly!

I went back the test app and enabled acceleratedRendering. But, it doesn’t have the same problem. I am most puzzled.

Help!

-Dan

I have built my android app with LC 8.1.5.   It runs fine on the device.
You then hit the home button to return to the OS.  Tap the app icon
again and you get “Unfortunatly, [appName] has stopped.”. Tap the icon again and
it does a complete reboot of the app.   Apps made in LC 7 did not have this
issue, they stayed running in the background – like an app should.   Is
there a trick to getting an Android app from LC 8.1.5 to behave like it should?

I can’t deliver an app to my client that (a) doesn’t stay alive in the
background, and (b) crashes every other launch.

Anyone have any insight on this??

-Dan