On 09/05/2017 12:06 PM, Richmond Mathewson via use-livecode wrote:
The Linux version of LiveCode is STILL NOT loading a dictionary.

[ I see that that problem has been "solved" in LC 9 dp 8 by simply inactivating the Dictionary button on Linux. ]

I have no problems with the dictionary in openSUSE (an unsupported distro!) in any LC 8.x version including this one. In fact, I haven't encountered this issue in any of the many different unsupported distros I've tested.

I do, however, suffer from the problem with the dictionary/browser in the later versions of LC 9. Aren't these issues the result of at least two distinct problems?

Warren